Monday, April 30, 2007

Quite an eventful Day today.

GOM feeling down for obvious reasons, he had declined breakfast because there was no one to feed him, so to start, I had to go on a hunt for a bowl of muesli.

Then I had an argument with a nurse because the doctor had decided to take out catheter (no problem with that) only the nurse couldn't tell me if was to be replaced. I had to insist that if it wasn't there would be other consequences, so she got the agreement that a new one would be put in.

Then he had to go for an Ultrasound scan of his kidneys, chest and bladder. Then finally he saw the 'in house' physio who agreed that for 'continuity of care', if it was confirmed that he needed more rehab, they would try to get him back to the hospital he was discharged from last Tuesday.

Oh and because initially his bed was a third bed squashed in between 2 beds, as soon as another bay was vacated I asked for him to be moved because, with his wheelchair, he needed more space.