Monday, February 12, 2007

GOM had a bad night last night - following on from a bit of dodgy day on Sunday.

During Sunday he went down in the bathroom again, but got him onto a mat and dragged it (and him) into the bedroom where eventually we got him onto the bed.

This however had the effect that he was weaker during the night and rather that get up to use the commode he pee'd into his pad/pants, but instead of waking me when he'd finished to change everything he went back to sleep, consequently I think he may have got some sort of infection - he said he felt a bit queezy and had a temperature.

Anyway I changed him, gave him a bed bath and a bit later than normal got him up and everything seemed ok, he had breakfast - cereal coffee banana and actimel, and pottered around on the computer.

The carpet fitter arrived to do the lounge and then the nrs man came to sort out hand rails. When csw arrived, I took my time out after explaining that gom had been a bit poorly.

About half an hour after csw left, he went for a pee but then felt the need for the other but in trying to turn round he went down, this time I wasn't taking any chances. Called the personal alarm people again and they got the paramedics.

They checked him over and felt he was ok. He had begun to shiver (from shock?) in the bathroom, but after they got him into his chair they checked his bp etc and everything seemed to be ok so off they went.

Social care team were here at the time too as they had an apppintment to assess him for a lifting device, so they were here for a while after medics left and gom started to get a bit drowsy so we deferred assessment.

Eventually gom was sick and then went to bed where I made him stay. Making use of the urinal bottle that we bought ages ago - I won't let him get up incase he ends up on floor again. Anyway I'd better get off to bed as I'm likely to have a disturbed night. :(